Sign up for courses we organise every working year: Dutch, Lingala, Swahili, , dance and percussion.
For groups looking for activities we have a whole range of workshops:
- Dance: this dance class is a workout with dance from Central Africa. This workshop is given by Joseph Saidi Simako. Highly recommended for school groups, groups of adults, in other words: both young & old!*
- Percussion: this interactive and rhythmic workshop for young & old is an ideal relaxation and introduction to African tradtional music.*
- Board games: get to know the traditional community games from all over the African continent. This workshop creates fun moments and group feeling. Come with your family, colleagues & friends to play fun games.*
- iniation language lessons: a fun way to get to know an African language. Kuumba offers Swahili and Lingala, two widely spoken languages in Sub-Saharan Africa.*
- African Hairstyling: Matongé is known for its many hairdressers. In the weekends there are queues at these places to get your favorite haircut. Would you like to know more about it or learn how to braid it yourself? Then this is the workshop for you!
- Decolonisation: During this workshop, you will be able to listen to each other's views on themes such as decolonization, racism, stereotypes and discrimination. An expert moderator on these themes will be present. This is a safe space for each participant where they can express their opinions and learn from eachother and the moderator.*
How to register?
Tel: 32 476 71 37 92
For 1h30: €150
for 2h: €200
* These workshops can be organises on another location.
Price on the road:
Decolonisation / Initiation Lingala: €150 - 1h workshop
Dance / Percussion / Board games: €100 - 1h workshop
Lovers of creativity who wish to exhibit their creative works can contact us so long as these have something to do with Africa, whether directly or indirectly. Exhibition space is therefore available for them and Kuumba take cares of communication, the setting and the opening.
Visiting or organising an exhibition
Passing through the cafeteria, you end up in our hall where courses, movie screening, exhibitions, meetings and many other activities are hosted. This hall can also be rented by associations as well as individuals.
Bar and Catering
Enjoy the atmosphere and drinkselection of our bar. You can also, on request, order a Congolese buffet for larger groups. Book now on: email@example.com
there are 2 types of buffet:
- 15€/pp: chicken moambe, banane plantin, rice, vegtables and beans
- 20€/pp: all of the above + fish and meat