As part of the Afropolitan Festival, the KUUMBA cultural centre – or Flemish African House – located in the Matongé quarter, will move to BOZAR for a variety of fun children activities.
Storytelling workshop (for kids and parents)
Reading and understanding African stories
• 2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Reading activity in FR
• 3:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.: Reading activity in NL
• 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Reading activity in FR
• 4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.: Reading activity in NL
• For young children (ages 0-6): games corner and activities
Games and introduction to traditional African games
Ongoing from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• For kids (6+) and parents : introduction to traditional African board games (Awalé, Yoté, Woure, Adji, Dama, Yakabatiya, Woure, etc.) that convey highly symbolic, social and economic values in their original communities.
During this evening, young talent will get the chance to let their vocal talent shine on stage. You can get to know the four candidates via our instagram page ( kuumbavzw) in the coming weeks. There will also be two performances by already known artists.
Black Siba is an eighteen-year-old from Leuven with Congolese roots. She draws her inspiration from social themes in song, slam, dance and guitar with Michael Jackson, Chris Brown & John Mayer as sources of inspiration.
AiméDOH is a Belgian singer-songwriter from DR-Congo. His songs are sung in Swahili and have a poetic tone. AiméDOH makes people dance, dream & cry.
Quatre.- is a young artist who will bring us soul, slam, poetry and rap. His lyrics express his desire for a better future for man and planet.
Our monthly jam session will take place this time on 21/02/2020.
Feel like having fun on a stage during our Open Mic? Or do you just want to enjoy musical talent and have a fun evening full of music? Everyone is welcome at Kuumba to make it a great evening together!
Tonight, the four finalists of 'LETS HEAR YOU!' will bring their talents to our stage.
We are also happy to welcome Soul T at our Jam session. He is Funk. He is Afro-jazz and he is a soulful storyteller with the hat to match!'