KIDS & FAMILY Workshops
1 March 2020 - Hortahal (Ravensteinstraat 23)
As part of the Afropolitan Festival, the KUUMBA cultural centre – or Flemish African House – located in the Matongé quarter, will move to BOZAR for a variety of fun children activities.
Storytelling workshop (for kids and parents)
Reading and understanding African stories
• 2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Reading activity in FR
• 3:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.: Reading activity in NL
• 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Reading activity in FR
• 4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.: Reading activity in NL
• For young children (ages 0-6): games corner and activities
Games and introduction to traditional African games
Ongoing from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• For kids (6+) and parents : introduction to traditional African board games (Awalé, Yoté, Woure, Adji, Dama, Yakabatiya, Woure, etc.) that convey highly symbolic, social and economic values in their original communities.