For groups looking for activities we have a whole range of workshops:
- Dance: this dance class is a workout with dance from Central Africa. This workshop is given by Joseph Saidi Simako. Highly recommended for school groups, groups of adults, in other words: both young & old!*
- Percussion: this interactive and rhythmic workshop for young & old is an ideal relaxation and introduction to African tradtional music.*
- Board games: get to know the traditional community games from all over the African continent. This workshop creates fun moments and group feeling. Come with your family, colleagues & friends to play fun games.*
- iniation language lessons: a fun way to get to know an African language. Kuumba offers Swahili and Lingala, two widely spoken languages in Sub-Saharan Africa.*
- Decolonisation at Africa Museum: Starting with the 2023-2024 school year, the AfricaMuseum and Flemish-African House Kuumba are joining forces for an educational package on Belgian-Congolese colonial history for students (3rd grade secondary school). At the AfricaMuseum, you can attend the workshop Colonization: Belgium-Congo, which explores the colonization of Congo. How to register?
Lovers of creativity who wish to exhibit their creative works can contact us so long as these have something to do with Africa, whether directly or indirectly. Exhibition space is therefore available for them and Kuumba take cares of communication, the setting and the opening.
Visiting or organising an exhibition
Kuumba has four rooms that are also at the disposal of community life. You can hire them for meetings, conferences, and all kinds of cultural events.
Bar and Catering
Enjoy the atmosphere and drinkselection of our bar. You can also, on request, order a Congolese buffet for larger groups. Book now on: firstname.lastname@example.org
there are 2 types of buffet:
- 17.5€/pp: chicken moambe, banane plantin, rice, vegtables and beans
- 25€/pp: all of the above + fish and meat
=> coffee, tea and water are included