|When||Friday 1 September 2023|
Decolonization at Africa Museum: Starting with the 2023-2024 school year, the AfricaMuseum and Flemish-African House Kuumba are joining forces for an educational package on Belgian-Congolese colonial history for students (3rd grade secondary school).
At the AfricaMuseum, you can attend the workshop Colonisation: Belgium-Congo, which explores the colonization of Congo.
- Book a workshop Colonisation : Belgique-Congo at the AfricaMuseum for the school year 2023-2024
- Then send proof of your booking to email@example.com before August 31, 2023.
- At Kuumba, you'll receive a 50% discount on the Decolonization workshop, on the date of your choice during the 2023-2024 school year!
OPENING PASSERSTRAAT 5
|When||Friday 22 September 2023|
|Location||Passerstraat 5, 1070 Anderlecht|
22/9 and 23/9: Opening of a new location at Passerstraat 5 in Anderlecht: We are thrilled to announce that, in collaboration with our partner organizations, Fora and IC, we are working on the opening of our new space on 22nd and 23rd September. This new facility offers endless possibilities for creativity and collaboration. To celebrate this milestone, we invite all of you to discover the new place.
- On 22nd September, the festivities will kick off with a reception, followed by inspiring speeches and amazing performances. The doors will be open from 6:00 PM. You can register through this link to reserve your spot in advance!
- On 23rd September, we will continue with a day full of workshops for young and old. Experience African dance, board games, percussion, and much more. There's something for everyone. We'll start at 2:00 PM, and after the workshops, there will be a spectacular performance.
We want to emphasize that both events are free and open to everyone. So, feel free to invite your friends, family, and colleagues to join you in enjoying these special occasions.
|When||Tuesday 26 September 2023|
|Location||Zeypstraat 47, 1083 Ganshoren|
"Un sourire, une larme et un peu de jalousie. Bienvenue au Congo, là où l'amitié l'emporte sur tout."
ciné theatre - live performance & video.
Join us for an unforgettable screening that explores the beauty and complexity of human relationships!
Original date: 30/06
New Date: 26/9 at 7:30 pm in De Zeyp.
Extra performance: 5/10 at 7:30 pm at Mercelis
10 euros in presale, 12 euros at the door.
Purchased tickets remain valid for September 26 in De Zeyp.
If that doesn't fit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We count on your understanding and look forward to a great theater experience!
|When||Wednesday 27 September 2023|
In October, we are starting our Swahili and Lingala lessons again!
This course consists of a module of 10 lessons. The classes take place at Kuumba, Passerstraat 5, 1070 Anderlecht.
Lingala classes (for beginners) take place every Wednesday from 18:00 to 20:00, and Lingala classes (for advanced learners) take place every Thursday from 18:00 to 20:00.
Swahili classes (for beginners) are held every Tuesday from 17:00 to 19:00, and Swahili classes (for advanced learners) take place every Tuesday from 19:00 to 21:00
More information can be found through this link!
DANCE CLASSES @ KUUMBA
|When||Thursday 5 October 2023|
No need to register or pay for several classes in advance! Our dance classes are a real workout set to Congolese rhythms!
Every Thursday from 18h30 to 20h at Passerstraat no 5, 1070 Anderlecht.
Price = 15 euro per lesson
MONTH OF ANGOLA
|When||Wednesday 1 November 2023|
In order to offer the great diversity of African and Flemish cultures a place to meet and interact, Kuumba has chosen to honour Angola. This will take place in november 2023.
The cultural richness of this country will be highlighted through its literature, cinema, visual arts, performing arts and gastronomy.
We look forward to seeing you there!